We all love those rotisserie chickens at Boston Market Restaurant and the ones in the supermarket delis. Now you can make this dish at home in your own kitchen without any fancy equipment and using simple ingredients. Supermarket rotisserie chickens usually cost about $7 but you can roast your own for a lot less when they a
1 ( 3-4 lb) whole chicken
For stuffing Inside Chicken
1/4 cup vegetable oil
unpeeled apple wedges
1 Tbsp honey
10 chunks of celer
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp paprika
- Place the celery, apple and onions into the cavity of the chicken.
- Spray a deep roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all the basting ingredients in a saucepan and warm to melt the honey.
- Pour on the skin of the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour plus 15 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
- Baste the chicken 4 or 5 times while it is baking.
- The skin should turn a nice shade of brown.
- After removing the chicken from the oven, seal the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Let stand for at least 1/2 hour before serving.
New Chicken Sauces
Zesty Barbecue - BBQ sauce with molasses, brown sugar and spices mixed to create a sweet and spicy sauce.
Franks Sweet Heat - Red Hot Wing sauce with cayenne, red peppers, tomatoes, honey and molasses.
Honey Habanero - A mix of hot peppers and sweetness to give your chicken a southwestern kick.
Island Mojo - A Caribbean inspired sauce with garlic, citrus and olive oil.