This recipe uses a box of corn muffin mix and a few spices along with the squash.
4 1/2 cups diced zucchini
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
3 cubes chicken bouillon
4 1/2 cups diced yellow squash
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 1/2 cups onion
8 oz cheddar cheese
1 tbsp parsley
1 tsp mince garlic
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp salt
- Cook Jiffy mix according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook zucchini and squash in water on the stove until tender.
- Drain. Reserve one cup of water for casserole.
- Saute the onions in butter.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
- Add chicken bouillon cubes and garlic to onions
- Place the drained squash and cheese mixture into a casserole dish that has been spray with a non stick spray.
- Add the onion mixture into the dish.
- Crumble the corn bread into the squash.
- Pout the reserved cup of water and mix well.
- Cover and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove cover the last 20 minutes of baking time.